- Changing farm working practices to maintain social distancing
- Sharing videos of the farm online instead of the usual in-person educational visits
- Reorienting distribution models, e.g. moving from selling mostly to restaurants towards selling directly to individual customers
- Closing farm shops and opening “click and collect” via an online farm shop
- Seeing a five-fold increase in sales via an online hub for local food
Read the full report, Feeding The Nation: How Nature Friendly Farmers Are Responding To Covid-19, here. See also the video Webinar: Food Systems Resilience in the Foodsource video library and read other COVID-19 content in the FCRN’s research library here.