The UN Food Systems Summit has published a synthesis of hundreds of independent dialogues that are taking place in advance of the Summit. The report identifies ten themes that emerged from the dialogues.
The themes are:
- Transform food systems to be equitable and sustainable
- Apply systems thinking
- Adapt solutions to diverse local contexts
- Shift perspectives and change mindsets
- Value diversity and engage inclusively
- Ensure equity
- Integrate what is already working into innovations
- Facilitate conflict resolutions and negotiate trade-offs
- Mobilise engaged and accountable actors collaboratively
- Be open and transparent
Read the full report, Food Systems Summit 2021 Dialogues: Synthesis of Independent Dialogues, Report 2, here or here (PDF link). See also the TABLE explainer How can we reduce food-related greenhouse gas emissions?