The journal EuroChoices has released a special issue, “Towards more Resilient Agricultural Systems in Europe”, which showcases findings from the Horizon 2020 SURE‐Farm research project which was coordinated by Wageningen University & Research.
Papers in the special issue include:
- Multiple Suggestions to Enhance Resilience
- The Struggle of Farming Systems in Europe: Looking for Explanations through the Lens of Resilience
- Telling Stories – Farmers Offer New Insights into Farming Resilience
- How do Stakeholders Perceive the Sustainability and Resilience of EU Farming Systems?
- Resilience, Labour and Migration Trends in the EU‐27
- Policy directions to support generational renewal in European farming systems
- How Much Farm Succession is Needed to Ensure Resilience of Farming Systems?
- Risk Management and its Role in Enhancing Perceived Resilience Capacities of Farms and Farming Systems in Europe
- Insuring Weather Risks in European Agriculture
- Improving the Resilience‐enabling Capacity of the Common Agricultural Policy: Policy Recommendations for More Resilient EU Farming Systems
- Making Farming Systems Truly Resilient
Read the full issue here. See also the Table explainer Impacts of climatic and environmental change on food systems.