Advertiser's description (via WRAP):
Do you have a talent for Programme leadership and a passion for action to help business reduce its carbon footprint? As one of the globe’s leading environmental charities, WRAP works tirelessly to help government, business, citizens work together to tackle the climate crisis. We’re experts in making the world a cleaner, longer lasting place – and we’re on a mission to ensure that we use our resources sustainably. We work with a range of partners including national, local, and regional governments, NGOs, charities and FTSE-100 and Fortune 500 businesses.
We’re entering an exciting new phase at WRAP as we look to take our international influence to build a sustainable circular economy worldwide, and this newly created role as Programme Lead – Climate Action will play a key role to help with this transformation. Reporting to the Head of Food System Transformation, you’ll form part of small programme leadership team with specific responsibility for Water Stewardship and Greenhouse Gas emissions reduction. You will develop and implement ambitious impact programmes in the pursuit of WRAP growing impact goals across multiple geographies. Leading our specialise teams you will cultivate and deliver evidence-based strategies for transformation, incorporating partner, people and policy action, and drawing on the impressive range of insight and expertise across WRAP.
Additional core responsibilities will encompass:
- Work to develop and deliver an ambitious impact-focused programme strategy, working closely with colleagues in Programme Delivery and Income Generation to ensure WRAP maximises its impact and income potential.
- Work closely with the Global Delivery Lead and Global Engagement Lead to design and deliver ambitious impact programmes in multiple geographies, ensuring learning is transferred between programmes and regions.
- Build, grow, and inspire a diverse and high performing team of experts within the Water Stewardship and GHG emissions reduction, putting in place a learning and development programme for the team, and ensuring inclusive recruitment, retention, and growth of talent at all levels in the team.
- Work to deliver the targets of WRAP’s food system transformation strategies, including the voluntary agreements – across the multiple geographies in which WRAP operates – supporting the development of world-leading expertise and thought leadership to ensure WRAP remains the leading authority on relevant programme impact area.
- Work with other senior leaders, including the Head of Programme to shape the future direction, priorities, delivery mechanisms and measurement methods for WRAP’s system transformation strategies across multiple geographies, including WRAP’s voluntary agreement model.
- Lead team to build strong senior level partnerships with key businesses, government, funders, and stakeholders to meet targets, position WRAP’s work and develop opportunities for business growth for the relevant impact area.
Apply by 12 June 2023. Find the full description here.