A Senior Lecturer role in Crop Production Science with a focus on agricultural crops is open at the Department of Crop Production Ecology at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Uppsala. The subject area includes basic as well as applied issues within the sustainable production of agricultural crops in an ecosystem perspective with focus on temperate climates.
The candidate should, within the subject area, develop and lead an internationally successful research programme within the subject area of this appointment:
- contribute to the development of sustainable crop production systems in Sweden and internationally through research, education and collaboration with industry, organisations and other actors in society
- conduct research-based collaboration with researchers within and external to SLU
- develop, lead and actively participate in teaching within crop production science on basic and advanced levels
- actively conduct research education and supervision of doctoral students
- actively contribute to the development of multi-, inter- and transdisciplinary research at the faculty and at SLU as a whole
- communicate research results and contribute with relevant knowledge to the surrounding society
- actively pursue research funding at the national as well as international levels from national and international funding organisations.
The department has a parallel-language working environment. The Senior Lecturer will conduct most of their duties in English. However, because the university’s official language is Swedish, the successful candidate is expected to be able to work in Swedish after four years from the starting date of their employment. The department will support the Senior Lecturer to reach this aim.
- have a PhD
- be scientifically skilled within the subject area of this appointment
- have good ability to communicate in written and spoken English
- be pedagogically skilled.
Read more here. The closing date is 1 July 2022.