The Future Sustainable Food Systems research group at the University of Helsinki, led by TABLE member Associate Professor Hanna Tuomisto, is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to contribute to various projects related to sustainability assessment of food systems. The focus will be on environmental life cycle assessment (LCA) of agriculture and food production, including novel cell-culturing based technologies (e.g. cultured meat and microbial proteins).
The candidate is expected to have:
- a doctoral degree in environmental sciences, engineering, industrial ecology, agricultural sciences, biology, or other relevant field
- ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- fluent English language skills
- strong quantitative skills and understanding of environmental impacts
- knowledge of sustainability assessment methods (especially life cycle assessment) is seen as a benefit.
Read more here. The deadline is 17 June 2021.